Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Dive master training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What can PADI Dive masters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
The Dive master Course is done in three segments:
1)Watermanship and Skills Assessment
This segment involves a 400-yard Swim, 15 Minute Tread, and 800-yard Snorkel Swim, General Diving Skills and Skill Circuit, Problem Solving, and Diver-Rescue Skills.
2) Knowledge Development
This segment involves academics in Dive Planning, Dive Management and Control, Supervising Students in Training, Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Skills and Environment, and the Recreational Dive Planner and Wheel. An exam is given for each of these topics.
3) Practical Application
This segment involves Underwater Mapping, Pool-Skills Overview and Practice, the Role of the Dive master in Confined and Open-Water Training, and the Role of the Dive master in Non training Activities.
During the Dive master Course you will be involved in ongoing courses to get the feel of what it is like to supervise students. Sign up for the Dive master Course, become a PADI Professional, and maybe even start a new career in the Diving Industry.
Before starting the divemaster class, the candidate will need to successfully complete the Divemaster Assessment with South Beach Divers. This consists of the following skills: a 400-yard Swim, 15 Minute Tread, General Diving Skills and Skill Circuit, and Diver-Rescue Skills. The cost of this portion is $100. If the candidate passes the assessment, they will move onto the rest of the class. If the candidate does not successfully pass this portion, they will need to practice to improve their prerequisite skills and retake the assessment again before continuing with the class.The reason we have implemented this is to ensure the candidate is ready to take the divemaster course.
The $100 fee will be applied to the cost of the course upon successful completion.
At that point, we offer a variety of schedules to fit your needs. Please call to make an appointment with an instructor to work out a schedule that fits your needs. Most Dive Master classes take 4-6 weeks but can be done in as little as 2 if needed. You will get a minimum of 8 Open Water dives and 10 pool sessions. You have unlimited access to tanks and weights for beach diving while enrolled in the Dive Master class. Our Dive Masters graduate feeling confident and ready to pursue their Instructor Course.
- Reservations are required.
- Minimum age is 18.
- Student Record File
- Dive Master enrolment form
- Dive Master Application
- Dive Physical dated within the past 12 months-and not done by yourself!
The Divemaster Assessment is $100. This $100 fee will be applied to the cost of the course upon successful completion.
The price of the course is $895.00 which includes unlimited use of tanks and weights during the class. It does not include any other equipment or materials. At this level it is very important that you have your own gear. You will get many open water dives as well as pool training with this class. As this is the most important step to becoming an instructor, you will train with multiple instructors with and without students to build your confidence, knowledge and to get hands-on experience.
Although not required, we highly recommend that all divers have diving insurance. The cost is very low and benefits high. Please take a look here.
Additional materials that you’ll need:
- Recreational Dive Planner – all three versions- Table ($14.95), Wheel ($39.95) and eRDP Multilevel ($29.95) including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
The New Dive Master Crew Pack ($249) which contains: The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, The Diving Knowledge Workbook,
- Divemaster Slates and The PADI Instructor Manual. It is new requirement for PADI Dive Master Certification, that you purchase your own copy of the Instructor Manual.